To install a custom scenario for Empyrion just follow the steps below
- Open your Empyrion Steam Workshop folder on your computer (default location SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\383120) and find the folder for the scenario you want. For the purpose of this guide the scenario we are going to use is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1742662471 so the folder you need to find is 1742662471
- Upload the scenario folder (in this case 1742662471) to your server in the Content\Scenarios folder (so it looks like this Content\Scenarios\1742662471) you can upload the folder using ftp (https://pingperfect.com/index.php/knowledgebase/19/Accessing-your-files.html)
- In your game panel go to configuration files > pingperfect.yaml and set the custom scenario section to what the scenario author tells you to put there
- Stop your server, delete your current saves (or change the world name in pingperfect.yaml) in the saves folder of your server this is almost always required due to the new scenario not being able to use previous saves on a different scenario.
- Start your server and wait a couple of minutes
You should now have a custom scenario.
Looking for a game server host known for brilliant 24/7 customer support and quality hardware?
Try a Pingperfect Empyrion server today! https://pingperfect.com/gameservers/empyrion-game-server-hosting-rental.php