Adding a mod (the new easy way)
Due to a bug with steam you may get "Assertion Failed" errors, you can ignore this, just wait until the process says completed.
1. Find a mod that you want to use on the steam workshop for example http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =478525616
2. In the game panel click on install/update mods and enter in the mod id (example 478525616 if there are multiple mods seperate them with a , example 478525616,478525617)
3. add the mods to your configuration file and save it
4. restart your server.
Adding a mod manually in Ark can be tricky, so we have made a guide for you.
1. Find a mod that you want to use on the steam workshop for example http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =478525616 and click subscribe
2. Load up Ark and steam should now download the files to your computer. Wait until all the mods have finished downloading and installing then quit ark.
You now need to find the mod files. Go to your steam directory then find ark then navigate to ShooterGame\Content\Mods
for example - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Common\Ark: Survival Evolved\ShooterGame\Content\Mods
3. Take the mod files that you want to use and upload them to the same place on your server. See our guide here on how to connect via ftp you need to upload both the entire mod folder you want to use and the corresponding mod file.
4. In the game panel go to configuration files > configuration editor
5. Type in the ID of the mod in the Mod section (eg. 479929837) If you have installed the mod using our mod section within the game panel the mod number is at the end of the steam workshop url
IE. For the mod "Aku Shima" the workshop url is http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =479295136 you would enter 479295136 into the configuration file
6. Save the config file.
If you have followed the above steps correctly your server should now be running your mod of choice.
Note. To use 2 or more mods just seperate them with a comma (eg. 479929837,487516323) DO not put any spaces between mod numbers
- 2 Users Found This Useful