How to get a dedicated server to save player data?

ZootgoosE

How to get a dedicated server to save player data?

Post by ZootgoosE » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:41 pm

hello there,

i recently bought a dedicated server from yourselves and i am having trouble getting it to save periodically. so every time we log in it is wiping everything we are making.
is it even possible to save things as we go along. being able to log out, restart the server. and continue where we left?

ive tried playing with settings but i am assuming persistant world means it just uses the same save file every time you re-load it.
which means it does not save as you progress..

any information or help on this would be great. as we get so far into the game only to be dissapointed when it kills everything weve done!

Ragonz
Site Admin

Re: How to get a dedicated server to save player data?

Post by Ragonz » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi ZootgoosE

Use this guide http://pingperfect.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=546 to edit your worlds sandbox.sbc file
Make sure that the config has autosave enabled and autosaveinminutes set to somthing equal to or higher than 5
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

ZootgoosE

Post by ZootgoosE » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:28 pm

hello again, all these settings are in the scrips. autosave is on via the tick box. and i have checked the sandbox SBC, it is set to 5 mins. however apon restarting the server there seems to be no way to return to our creations. is there a setting related to that?

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:27 pm

Have you set the main config to always load that world rather than generate a new world everytime you reboot?
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

chadud

Post by chadud » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Ragonz wrote:Hi ZootgoosE

Use this guide http://pingperfect.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=546 to edit your worlds sandbox.sbc file
Make sure that the config has autosave enabled and autosaveinminutes set to somthing equal to or higher than 5
thanks that worked i coudn't auto save via the SE mod you guys give since it clashes with mods. But this way worked ty soo much

Return to “Space Engineers”