Ragonz
Site Admin

How to use your own map

Post by Ragonz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:16 pm

1. Load up Factorio on your computer
2. Go to play > Multiplayer > new game
3. Set all the settings you want
4. Click generate
5. Set the latency at the max you want to allow people to have (Anyone over this will be unable to play)
6. Set the autosave and allow commands to whatever you want
7. Make sure "Use peer-to-peer" communication is UNTICKED
8. Click play
9. Once you are loaded in press esc > save game > save it as Pingperfect
10. Locate the save on your computer. Usually its in your user folder so somewhere like this C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves
11. Upload the Pingperfect.zip folder to your servers saves folder (Make sure the server is stopped)
12. Start the server and you are now playing on your newly generated map.

If you already have a save you want to use follow step 11 then in commandline manager > custom > new create a commandline with the name of your save
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Bleyld

Re: How to use your own map

Post by Bleyld » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Hey dude,

Thanks for this!

Curious, could the same be done for the mods in the mod section of the file directory? The reason I'm not sure is there is a mod area in the user control panel, however this section only has one mod listed, and the option to install it. There isn't any thing I can find to upload my own mods.

If I can do it on the file directory on the control panel, what location would I upload the mod to?

Also, I noticed on my control panel that the name says "8 Slot Factorio". Does this refer to the number of users allowed to connect? I don't remember making any selection on the number of slots. Is there any way to increase this for a higher number of users?

Please/Thank you!

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Slots are determined by how much ram your server has, the more ram the more slots.
mods from what I remember just upload them to the mods directory using file manager

DestinyR

Post by DestinyR » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:07 am

I got a question, If you use your own map, how do you get it to save to the server, me and a buddy don't want to keep the server up while were not logged in because the game just keeps going and that causes major problems to our game. ig. bases destroyed by aliens. I also don't want to have us upload one of our saves every time we want to play. If i stop the server and reload it up it goes back to the our uploaded save. Not the last point we stopped the server. I tried deleting the saved upload we did and tried to use the auto saves it does, BUT it wont let us connect to the server using those auto saves, like if it was not a valid save.

Thanks a bunch

-Destiny

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Currently you have to re-upload the save each time you stop the server. This is going to be fixed by the devs in 13.0

Return to “Factorio”