Rust Companion App Explained (FOR SETUP SEE FURTHER DOWN ARTICLE):
Pair with your Servers
Pair with your favourite Rust servers to receive real-time updates for the things that matter the most: player counts, current game time, online teammates, and more. You’ll also get (optional) push notifications whenever one of your teammates joins the game.
Explore the Map
View the full server map to find points of interest, see where your teammates are and check on vending machines. You can also track ongoing events like the attack helicopter and cargo ship.
Keep up with your Team
Communicate with your team from anywhere to just catch up or plan for your next raid. Messages are visible in both the app and the in-game team chat so you can seamlessly switch between the two.
Control your in-game Devices
Connect Smart Switches and Smart Alarms to your in-game electrical contraptions and pair them with Rust+ to control them remotely at any time. Smart Switches let you turn things on or off, and Smart Alarms send customisable push notification alerts when an electrical signal is detected.
Set up the Rust Companion App:
NOTE: If you purchased your server before 05 June 2020 - You need to perform a re-install from the "Actions" Tab or this will not work.
- Stop your server
- Perform the backup world function in the Game panel so there is 0 chance of any progress loss.
- Click "Command line Manager"
- Click "Select" next to the "Config File + Companion App" Command line, make sure the options matches your current server config if it does not already but DO NOT change the identity or it will NOT work.
- Start your server
- Download the app on your smartphone
- Press "Esc" (Escape) key on your keyboard
- Click "Rust+"
- Click "Enable"
- Open the Rust+ Companion App on your smartphone
- Click "Pair Server"
- You have successfully setup Rust+ Companion App on your server, smartphone and paired the two!
Looking for a game server host known for brilliant 24/7 customer support and quality hardware?
Try a Pingperfect Rust server today! https://pingperfect.com/gameservers/rust-experimental-game-server-hosting-rental.php