Unfortunately, due to the way Barotrauma is built, we're unable to provide customers with access to the console at this time, meaning admins need to be added to the configs manually.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Stop the server
- In the main game panel page for your service, click the "Configuration Files" button.
- In here, you should see a file named
clientpermissions.xml. Click Text Editor next to it.
- You should see this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <ClientPermissions> </ClientPermissions>
- Between the 2 client permissions lines, paste:
<Client name="YOUR INGAME NAME HERE" steamid="YOUR STEAM64ID here" preset="Admin" />
- Replace text for the name and steamid with the relevant details for the player you wish to be an admin or moderator. You can find a user's Steam64ID here - https://steamid.io/
- If you wish the player to be a moderator, replace the
- Press save at the top left.
- Start the server. Once it boots, your changes should now have taken effect.
Please contact support if you have any issues following this guide.
Looking for a game server host known for brilliant 24/7 customer support and quality hardware?
Try a Pingperfect Barotrauma server today! https://pingperfect.com/gameservers/barotrauma-game-server-hosting-rental.php