RCON Commands can be run by using these three methods:
- Run manually at any time of your choosing with the 'RCON Client' function of the Gamepanel found inside the "Current Activity and Stats" menu
- Our Gamepanel's 'Scheduled Task' system (this method allows you to automate them)
- Using a third party tool such as mcrcon (Created by Tiiffi and available here: mcrcon ) - RCon is GAME SPECIFIC, if you are unsure which RCon tool to use for your game server, search the internet for a recommended RCon tool
Method 1: Using our Gamepanel's built-in RCON Client
- Click "Current Activity and Stats".
- Then click "RCON Client".
- Type in your RCON password in the password field, and type in the command you want to execute.
- The output will be displayed in the same window.
Method 2: Automating RCON Commands using our Gamepanel's Scheduled Tasks system
- Click "Scheduled Tasks" in your server's Gamepanel home page.
- Click "New".
- Change the "Task Type" to 'Console/RCON Command'
- Click the blue "New" button to create the task.
- Type in your RCON Password into the RCON Password field.
- Type in the command you want to automate in the Command to Execute field.
- Type a name for the task in the name field.
- Change Type to the time period you desire the task to run for E.G Daily
- Type or use the calendar/time buttons to set the date/time the task will run at E.G 11:59 PM
- Save the task in the top left.
- This task will now run automatically on the time/date set with no further interaction required from you!
Method 3: Using an external third-party RCON client
- Download and install a third-party RCON client such as mcrcon
- Connect to your server using the RCON Info on your server's Gamepanel home page.
- Execute any RCON Commands you desire.
To find the RCON commands themselves, we recommend searching our Knowledge base for the game in question. As an example: https://pingperfect.com/index.php/knowledgebase/101/Counter-Strike--CSGO--RCON-Commands-List.html
Please note: If the "RCON Client" button does not appear, that is because the game does not support RCON (or the game's RCON implementation is temperamental/buggy/broken etc.)
Looking for a game server host known for brilliant 24/7 customer support and quality hardware?
Try a Pingperfect server today! https://pingperfect.com/gameservers/