- Navigate to your control panel.
- Select "Configuration Files"
- Press "Text Editor" next to pingconfig.txt
- Find the line: difficulty=1
- After the "=" symbol, type in either 0(normal), 1(expert), 2(master), 3(journey)
- For example, difficulty=1 would set your server to expert difficulty.
- Restart your server.
Unfortunately there is no way to change the difficulty of an already existing Terraria world. Whenever you want to change the world difficulty a new world will have to be generated. (This is not the case for the difficulty chosen when creating a character: Journey, Classic, Mediumcore, Hardcore. As this difficulty is tied to the character created, not the world.)
Looking for a game server host known for brilliant 24/7 customer support and quality hardware?
Try a Pingperfect Terraria server today! https://pingperfect.com/gameservers/terraria-game-server-hosting-rental.php