If you need to re-install your service but want to keep your save (for example if you have installed a mod that won't delete properly and need to reset everything) just follow the below and it will get you back up and running
- In your game panel click the backup world button and select the world type you want to save (Navezgane or Random Gen)
- After it has finished backing up download the file to your pc using file manager or FTP (The file will be called something along the lines of
Random Gen-hh-mm-DD-MM-YYYY.PINGand will be located in the "Saves" folder)
- After you have downloaded the backup to your pc make a note of what your current "GameName" value is in the Pingperfect.xml configuration file, this is what tells the server what world to load so is important
- Click the re-install button in the actions tab of the game panel
- After the re-install has finished setting up your Pingperfect.xml configuration file as you want it to be making sure that the "GameName" value is the same as it was in step 3 and that the world type is set to Navezgane or Random Gen as per the backup you too in step 1
- Use the restore world button to restore the correct file
- If all has gone to plan you should be able to start up the server and continue on with your save.
Looking for a game server host known for brilliant 24/7 customer support and quality hardware?
Try a Pingperfect 7 Days to Die server today! https://pingperfect.com/gameservers/7dtd-7days-to-die-server-hosting.php