DISCLAIMER: This guide is outdated, The Isle currently does not have any support for mods.
To add mods to The Isle is relatively straight forward, just follow the steps below
1. Find a mod that you want to use on the steam workshop for example http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894959543 and click subscribe
2. In your game panel go to the service then click on command line manager, select any default map (if you are already using a default map, leave as is)
3. Stop your server then click the Delete mods button (this clears any previous mod attempt/old files)
4. In your game panel go to configuration files
5. Click configuration editor next to GameUserSettings.ini
6. Click "New Mod"
7. Enter the mod ID (for this example it would be 894959543 any other mods it would be the number at the end of the URL)
8. Save the file
9. Reboot or start the server
10. Click on log viewer and click new window next to TheIsle\Saved\Logs\TheIsle.log
11. When you see "IsleLog: ISteamBridge: OnDownloadItemResult: Mod ID: yourmodidhere Result: OK" continue on (If you continue without seeing this your server WILL NOT work)
12. Back in the main area of the game panel wait until CPU usage is down at 0% then continue
If the mod is also a map continue below, if it is not stop here
13. In your game panel go to command line manager
14. Click on custom
15. Click new
16. Enter the description for the command line, tick the box next to "GameMode" and select the game mode you want then tick the tick box next to "Map" and enter the map path for the map you want (ie. /stoneclawhighlands/maps/stoneclawhighlands - don't forget the / at the beginning or it won't work)
17. Save the command line then click select next to it
18. This will reboot your server when you click select to enable the map, give it 5 minutes to boot up
Looking for a game server host known for brilliant 24/7 customer support and quality hardware?
Try a Pingperfect The Isle server today! https://pingperfect.com/gameservers/the-isle-game-server-hosting-rental.php