Linux Server

Dhurkar

Linux Server

Post by Dhurkar » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Hello, yesterday we bought an ARK: Survival evolved server, but tonight the game developers upgraded the game to Linux server and I was wandering when will it be possible for us to upgrade our servers to Linux too.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/d ... 471833280/

Ragonz
Site Admin

Re: Linux Server

Post by Ragonz » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:22 pm

There is very little difference between Windows and Linux for Ark right now due to how un- optomised the game is. When the linux version offers considerable advantages over the windows version we may move it over to linux but unless it decreases the usage of ram by a considerable amount the cost would still be the same so either way it should not make a difference to you as an end user.
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Dhurkar

Post by Dhurkar » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Good afternoon, due to implementations introduced in patch 180 with the following patch notes:

Code: Select all

- 3GB+ RAM reduction for servers, ~1GB RAM+ reduction for clients. For serves over 50% memory savings!!!!!!!! Basically we've converted all our foliage structures to use data primitive types rather than "Objects" :)

- Approximate 15-20% server and client CPU perf gain!!!! combination of link time code generation and opcode optimizations
I wanted to ask you if is it possible now to move our servers to Linux. A friend of mine manages one and with the new patch and in Linux it runs much better.

Thank you.

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:33 am

We Dont have any Linux servers available at this time, neither are we likely to have any anytime soon.
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Return to “Ark: Survival Evolved”