Unable to query server

Ragonz
Site Admin

Unable to query server

Post by Ragonz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:46 pm

This is normal until the devs fix their query protocol, simply ignore any messages that say server is not responding to query
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

x10an14

Re: Unable to query server

Post by x10an14 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi!

Is this still the case 10 (almost 11) months later?

I'm completely unable to connect, after having tried everything I could think of.
(Including having someone else try from their home/pc).

It worked yesterday, is all I know, and I have found no mentions of an Ark update since.
(Even though the "Update Steam" tool on my gameplanel downloaded ~20+ GB update it seemed when I tried it).

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:38 pm

It is for some servers. not being able to connect at all though is a different problem. Have you made sure the server is up to date & your mods are up to date?
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

x10an14

Post by x10an14 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:39 am

Ragonz wrote:It is for some servers. not being able to connect at all though is a different problem. Have you made sure the server is up to date & your mods are up to date?
I had no mods active (as far as I know, yesterday I finished a re-install from the gamepanel with all default values).
I think the issue might just be my own impatience and ignorance. When I last hosted an ARK server on my linux machine,
it didn't take near 10-20 minutes for the server to get started after the process was initated. More like 2-4.

With the seemingly needed time delay in mind, things seems to be working fine again.
Could it be possible for you guys to let us see the output of the game process in the gamepanel someplace?
So that if ARK developers deign to grace us with some useful startup output, we could see this?
I haven't checked since august last year whether they (ARK devs) do any such thing or not. I can't remember.

At least, I cannot find any utility in my gamepanel which would let me see the output of the active game process.
I'm pretty sure it says something.

Return to “Ark: Survival Evolved”