SEServerExtender Status

kahayes14

SEServerExtender Status

Post by kahayes14 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:39 pm

I have been using this service for about a month now, and I can honestly say that the SEServerExtender seems to be fixing the save service fairly well, but that is nothing compared to what it should be able to do. As far as I can tell, my server is running the latest version of SEServerExtender that is available to us, but there is no config, no options, nothing along those lines. When I look at the Github page for it though, there are many many more extremely useful features available, that we seem to be unable to use in the version that is provided to us via the mod installer.

When I try to upload the new files for the extender though, it always fails, like I am not allowed to manually install the plugin to my server. I was wanting to know, where do you stand on getting the new (or at least newer) versions of the plugin available for use on the dedicated Space Engineers servers? I don't really care about the GUI or any of that, but what I really am wanting are the in-game chat commands and the extra administration tools that the newer versions of the plugin provide.

Also, the config editor that is provided on the web backend does not work for adding administrators, so this would be a major help if the new administration features of SEServerExtender were usable to us.

Please let me know the status of the integration of SEServerExtender into the SpaceEngineers server hosting, as it will fix many issues that are occurring. Thanks!

duncajcb

Re: SEServerExtender Status

Post by duncajcb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 am

I am interested in this subject as well.

http://pingperfect.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=547This was Posted in April,
For the moment all it does is sort out autosaving. We have big plans for it such as you being able to access the GUI but we need time to work it out, test it, make sure it works within our test environments then work out how to deliver it to you (our customers) so that its easy to use.
There has been no status update or any improvements made since that time.

Ive followed the instructions for installing SE Service Extender, http://pingperfect.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=557. Just makes it so the server will not allow any connections. I will be opening a ticket regarding this issue. In the process I discovered we cannot add any .dll files to the mods folder. So even if I were able to get SE Service Extender installed, I could not install any plugins that require it to be used.

Again I will repeat the question from the OP...
Please let me know the status of the integration of SEServiceExtender into PingPerfect's server hosting. Thanks!

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Unfortunately the issue here is that SEServerExtender has been taken over by another developer and currently does not work with our systems.
We are working with them to make it work and bring more of its features to our systems but this all takes a lot of time
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

joemorin73

Post by joemorin73 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Are there details as to what the issues are?

joemorin73

Post by joemorin73 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Hello?

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:02 pm

We only check the forums occasionally. For the quickest response always submit a ticket.

We are still working with the new dev for sese to get it working with out setup
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Return to “Space Engineers”