Server Deleting Player made ships?

Clark

Server Deleting Player made ships?

Post by Clark » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Randomly Deleting ships?

I know there is a Cleanup Script which I havnt run. Two times in a row the server has deleted my ships after leaving the server (Not the starter ships but ships I made)

Lost 2 Mining ships and 2 Ginder/Welder ships.

Both times ships had reactors+power.

Any thoughts?

Chexss

Re: Server Deleting Player made ships?

Post by Chexss » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 am

Not sure why..but I have also had stuff go missing. I have created beacons with a reactor/battery/sollar panel. Lasts for a while then after a crash its gone sometimes.

Ragonz
Site Admin

Re: Server Deleting Player made ships?

Post by Ragonz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:03 am

The cleanup script will do the following

--cleanup-objects dead - Removes all objects that don't have a reactor that's turned on and fueled. Aimed at removing things that are either junk, derelicts or ships that've been turned off and forgotten.

--prune-players - Every time you respawn, you create a new "player" entry. This is how SE handles "if you die, you start from scratch". After a few player deaths, this list can get HUGE. Player Pruning removes all player entries that don't own anything.

--prune-factions - Since the introduction of factions, almost every server has about 5 pages of dead factions. This tool will remove factions that;
Don't have any players
All faction members don't own anything, destitute.

--disable-factories soft - Soft disables empty refineries and idle assemblers

--stop-movement - Loops through all of the CubeGrid objects and halts all of there movement velocity and rotational velocity. Reduces cpu load/bandwidth

This is perhaps why certain things go missing. Will confirm with dev
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Return to “Space Engineers”