SEserverextender

grendelbiter

SEserverextender

Post by grendelbiter » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:51 am

Hello,

so now that we have SEserverextender...how do we use it? Does it just run silently in the background? I've seen on the forums that there is a gui for it and that it does a lot more than just autosaving. How do we access this gui?

Ragonz
Site Admin

Re: SEserverextender

Post by Ragonz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:57 am

Hi Grendelbiter

For the moment all it does is sort out autosaving. We have big plans for it such as you being able to access the GUI but we need time to work it out, test it, make sure it works within our test environments then work out how to deliver it to you (our customers) so that its easy to use.

TL:DR - You cant access GUI at the moment, perhaps in the future
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Defiantncc1701

Post by Defiantncc1701 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:13 am

https://github.com/SEModCommunity/SE-Co ... erExtender

Appears to be the documentation for the mod.

However, I'm not sure how access to the mod will be determined. Who will be able to use the listed "chat commands"? Will it be the marked Admin in the config panel? Or just anyone? Documentation of use seems a bit lacking.

On a side note, I'm not sure the mod was installed properly on my server. I see a new Start.bat file in the config list (with "start with Seserverextender set to on) .....but after creating a new world, placing random blocks, shutting down the server, and starting it back up - the new blocks I was supposed to have placed earlier did not save.

My support ticket for the installation was set to Answered; and last reply from a tech said He was "I am about to install the mod to your server. This will take a few minutes to complete." And that was 12 hours ago. :(

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 am

Hi Defiantcc1701

Can you put an update on your ticket so I can find it and I will look into it personally.

Thanks
James

Divinion

Post by Divinion » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:09 am

I just purchased my server from PingPerfect, solely for the fact that you advertised that you have SEServerExtender. I am struggling to figure out how to open up the SEServerExtender to use the tool myself.

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:29 pm

You cannot use the GUI, thats not been implemented by the developer just yet (although it should be soon)
You can however upload plugins to your server (ziped up) then submit a ticket for us to take a look and unzip them if all checks out

PlanetOrb

Post by PlanetOrb » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Where are we on using SEExtender for managing our servers? I would like to start using the GUI, import and export and such.

therimmer96
Staff

Post by therimmer96 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:56 pm

PlanetOrb wrote:Where are we on using SEExtender for managing our servers? I would like to start using the GUI, import and export and such.
We are working to provide away to the GUI, but at this point we can't do so. You only have access to what you can see through files and ingame.

Return to “Space Engineers”