MODS not working?

Ittsy

MODS not working?

Post by Ittsy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 am

Hi everyone,
I've been trying now since I've gotten my server to attempt utilizing mods. Without mods, it impedes getting any attention/players on your server in the Isle. It's critical that mods are available in the game... but for whatever reason, it doesn't work.
The steps I have taken so far are:
1. Added the mod ID to GamerUserSettings.ini
2. Waited 20+ min (even waited overnight once), to no avail
3. Restarted several times, waiting 20+ min between every attempt
4. Deleted the mod entirely by using the "Delete Mods" (with the recycle symbol)
5. Attempted a different mod, implemented it into mod ID GamerUserSettings.ini
6. Spoke with support on Pingperfect chat a few days ago and was told that there were 2 others with a similar problem... however, on The Isle every active server is utilizing a mod or multiple. Is there anything PingPerfect is doing doing to fix this?

I haven't heard anything on updates or announcements yet. I am reaching out because I am curious if I am missing a step in making a mod work? Is this a problem that all people on PingPerfect are experiencing who are using The Isle?

Thanks!

Ragonz
Site Admin

Re: MODS not working?

Post by Ragonz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:57 pm

The guide on adding mods has been updated to make it easier to follow

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=1774

mods are working again since a recent patch from the game devs
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Ittsy

Post by Ittsy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:22 am

I am still running into a problem where the mod isn't working...
but first I want to thank you, Ragonz, for the detailed update to the previous instructions. This is extremely helpful and I'm seeing now where I went wrong in adding the mod. I know that I am THAT much closer to getting a mod to work and really appreciate the effort that has been made thus far in helping me get to this point.

Currently, what I'm encountering is that when I get to the part where I click "Log Viewer" and press "New Window", a new tab comes up and is consistently loading. I've tried now in both Chrome and Internet Explorer in hopes that it might just be the browser... I know previously, the instructions stated to wait 20 min, so I repeated the steps from the top and attempted to see if that was the problem but... no luck.

Should I be waiting longer for it to show "IsleLog: ISteamBridge: OnDownloadItemResult: Mod ID: yourmodidhere Result: OK"? Also here is a screencap of what I've been encountering now for the past 20+ min for Internet Explorer:

http://puu.sh/yY63W/e86260bd25.png

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:30 pm

That window not showing up is usually your firewall not allowing live connections to a website.

Ittsy

Post by Ittsy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Thank you for your persistence and patience with me during all of this! We've got our server up and running WITH MODS!
I just wanted to let you know that I'm really impressed and glad to have had all the support from you all. I was really concerned for a bit there but now we've a fully functional server. ^^

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Good to hear :)

Return to “The Isle”