Manual Save Game?

crashernok

Manual Save Game?

Post by crashernok » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Good Morning!

I recently purchased and fired up a new Factorio game server with PingPerfect and so far it has been great. My friends and I are able to connect and play, it was super easy loading a map I generated, adding a few mods, and getting it going.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to on-demand have the server save the game?
I have the auto-save working on 10 minute intervals, but for example if I needed to restart the server or add a new mod in and I am between the 10 minute window, it doesn't appear like the game gets saved when I stop the server from the game panel, thus I lose whatever progress was made since the last autosave. Is there a way to have the server save-on-demand? Or am I basically limited to making a local save while connected, and then uploading that when ready to fire the server up again?

Thank you!
Crash

Ragonz
Site Admin

Re: Manual Save Game?

Post by Ragonz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 am

I dont believe there is a way to force a manual save other than doing it to your local client.
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

crashernok

Re: Manual Save Game?

Post by crashernok » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Thank you Rag, that's what I've concluded as well.
I've just increased the frequency of the auto-save and the number of auto-save slots, giving me better coverage if needed.

Return to “Factorio”