Increase Server Difficulty

Storm

Increase Server Difficulty

Post by Storm » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:15 pm

I am currently running 'The Island' map on my ARK Server. I am utilizing the preset 'The Island' Command Line. I would like to increase my Server difficulty from 4 to 5.

Ragonz
Site Admin

Re: Increase Server Difficulty

Post by Ragonz » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Just change the difficulty offset in the server config.
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:56 pm

Thank you for the quick reply Ragonz. I already have the difficulty offset at 1.0 which sets the difficulty at 4. I believe that is the max level for the vanilla 'the island' map and increasing the difficulty offset beyond 1.0 will have no effect. The 'center map' default is set at difficulty 5. From what I have read on Ark forums the difficulty on the island can be set to 5 by adding a line to the server command line. I am using the provided preset command line for my server which I can't seem to edit. I'm not sure I should be creating a custom command line as I fairly ignorant of the consequences or if I will even get it set up correctly. I was hoping you might be able to provide some guidance or suggest someplace I can read information on how to properly set up a custom command line that is specific to my Pingperfect server.

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:25 am

Using a custom commandline is fairly simple, you just tick what options you want then fill in the box or tick/untick the box on the right to say if it should be on or off. If you need an option that is not there though you need to raise a support ticket.
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Return to “Ark: Survival Evolved”