Call of Duty 1 Server Help/Service Questions

Got a question about your server, post it here
For Official answers please raise a support ticket
Bjork

Call of Duty 1 Server Help/Service Questions

Post by Bjork » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Hey,

I'm thinking about launching a public Call of Duty 1 (1.1) server and I have a few questions since I donesn't know much about these things :)

1. Do I have to make my own server folder with the mods and server configurations and the server boot etc. or does the website have "standard" servers for each game they have?
I'd like to know this since it would be more fun to create your own and have more "control" over it.

2. Will the server work on all versions of the game? For example I use version 1.1 on Call of Duty, will the server be visible on the list?
If I am able to upload my own server files like I talked about in the first section then this would solve itself, but this is just something that recently crossed my mind.

Thank you! :)

Ragonz
Site Admin

Re: Call of Duty 1 Server Help/Service Questions

Post by Ragonz » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:14 pm

1. The server is set up automatically, there is a 1.1 update you can apply in the game panel if you so wish
2. 1.1 doesnt tend to show up in the serverlist but if you have a way around this we can add it for you
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Bjork

Post by Bjork » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:38 am

Thank you for your quick response!
So the site sets it up automatically, but do I have access to the configurations files and can I add things like CoDAM? Bascially if I can add script files and execute them from the main server configuration file. If that's the case then I'll rent a server this day :)

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:12 am

You can access the config files and add any mod (so long as it does not contain any dll files as these are a security risk) If you need a mod with DLL files you have to ask us to add it to the game panel
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Return to “General Support”