Rcon to in game text

emerging_tub

Rcon to in game text

Post by emerging_tub » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know how to use the rcon client for SE to display text to players in game.
Im trying to update my server but i dont want to mess up anyone currently in my server.
thanks

Ragonz
Site Admin

Re: Rcon to in game text

Post by Ragonz » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:55 pm

Space Engineers doesn't have rcon.
I think the closest thing you can get is using sese to put automated messages into the game
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

daveroeuk

Post by daveroeuk » Mon May 23, 2016 11:58 am

Ok have tried everything i can think of this to get the distructable blocks option to work,
I now have the SESE running.

i tried, restarting the server:
in and out of creative,
with distructable blocks checked and unchecked
with scenario mode checked and unchecked
i have tried matching all the sbc config to my saved game config from my own computer saves.

basicly all I am trying to do now is start a server with 1 station that has the distructable blocks option to work. (ie so people canot grind / destroy the station)
when i start the server and press I i can see that is a tick box for distructable blocks in my own "inventory" yet when i interact with a station the box is not there. ? ?
i have made many scenarioes on my own computer so have a good idea of how it should work . . . .

is this something i should just give up on and is broken? or is there something i am missing?

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Mon May 23, 2016 9:17 pm

I would post your issue on the keen forums, If it works in single player/player hosted servers its likely broken in dedicated servers or there is somthing missing.
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

Return to “Space Engineers”