How To: Install Torch

Ragonz
Site Admin

How To: Install Torch

Post by Ragonz » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:46 am

If you are a new customer past 1st Febuary 2018 to install torch just follow steps A - B, if you have a server that predates Feb 2018 use steps 1 - 7

New instructions - Post Feb 2018
A. Log into game panel, select game services then select your server.
B. Install Torch from the mod manager

Old instructions - Prior Feb 2018
1. Log into game panel, select game services then select your server.
2. Install Torch
3. After install return back to the main page of your game panel and click update concealment then update essentials
4. Set start.bat in the configuration files section to start with Torch
5. Go into configuration files, click configuration editor next to SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg
6. Tick persistent world then in the world dropdown box select the world you want to load every time. (instructions: Here) Ensure this config also has the settings and mods you want, these will now override anything you have in the sandbox.sbc file within your world
7. Reboot the server

If you need to generate a new world follow the below

1. Log into game panel, select game services then select your server.
2. Go into configuration files, click configuration editor next to Start.bat
3. select "Start without mod"
4. Back at the service home page, Go into configuration files, click configuration editor next to SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg
5. fill out your desired settings and make sure that persistent world is NOT ticked and that Enable Mods is also NOT ticked
6. save then restart your server. After about 5 minutes a new world will have been created.
7. To re-enableTorch Go into configuration files, click configuration editor next to SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg
7. Tick persistent world then in the world dropdown box select the world you want to load every time. (instructions: Here)
8. Then go back and go into configuration files, click configuration editor next to start.bat and select "Start with Torch"
9. Reboot server
Grab a game server from us by clicking the picture below
Got an issue? Submit a Support Ticket

senorblanco42

Re: How To: Install Torch

Post by senorblanco42 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:32 am

so they say essentials is include in torch, but it doesn't install when you follow the above instructions. I had removed all the mods from the mod folder before installing torch, which included the essentials fold. should I have left it so it had somewhere to unzip?

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:31 am

the essentials in the mod manager is for SESE, when you install torch it already contains essentials

senorblanco42

Post by senorblanco42 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:04 pm

thanks for the reply, the question is then how do the commands work, are they entirely new commands, b/c nothing is working when using /
no /admin or even /save

or should I submit a ticket for a more in-depth look?

Elder

Post by Elder » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:18 pm

i have followed all the steps but the server will no longer be accessible. it only results in "server host has left the game".

am i missing something?

grazazel

Post by grazazel » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:26 pm

We followed the steps in this guide to install torch, selected the world file we had already made, but everytime that we restart the server with torch installed it creates a fresh start even with persistent world set. Could there be something simple I am doing wrong?

Ragonz
Site Admin

Post by Ragonz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:37 pm

The last set of updates to torch made it very unstable with how we have been running Space Engineers servers for the last 3-4 years so you will need to submit a support ticket to us so we can swap you to a new game profile. This will however require a total re-install (If you purcahsed after mid Feb 2018 you are already on the new profile and need to submit a ticket anyway)

Return to “Space Engineers”